Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

I just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a very happy and prosperous new year.

My last post I had shared some difficult news and feelings I was dealing with. I am happy to say that one week and one day after my lady and I parted ways, we had what was probably our best conversation ever this past Tuesday. We talked about all of the things that we had a whole week to think about. We talked about our own weaknesses and shortcomings and how they effect our perceptions of who and what we are within the context of our relationship.

We both have our share of 'stuff' to deal with as individuals. As fate would have it, some of my stuff that needs work can stir her core issues at times... and vice-versa at times too. Our willingness to openly discuss when this happens needs to outweigh our willingness to stuff these feelings.

I know I love her. I know she loves me. I know that the relationship is worth the effort. I believe the growth we have experienced and will experience to be worth the occasional discomfort of stepping out of who we were in past relationships in order to grow into who we a meant to be.

We are stepping back, re-evaluating and re-approaching with new attitudes. We still have not seen each other since Tuesday when we agreed to agree. I am at work right now. Going home to see my kids in the morning for Christmas then getting some sleep. I will be seeing my love for a few hours before returning to work tonight. My heart is dancing with the thoughts of seeing and holding my best friend and partner again on Christmas night.

I am truly blessed. Thank You God! And thank all of you for your support.

Happy Holidays!

No comments: